NAIETE – (Aboriginal: Place of Contentment)
This unique and rare oceanfront, character-filled, Fraser Island home has come on the market for the first time since it was built in the ‘60s. Formerly a family holiday home for up to four generations, and more recently the permanent home to retired owners, this part-furnished three level freehold property with wide ocean views provides the opportunity for a new family to enjoy this enviable holiday location for free, and the ability to ask top rates in-between in a vibrant Fraser Island rental market. Equipped with 24 hour solar power with generator backup and two water pumps and tanks, this large Eurong home has everything needed for privacy and comfort.
- The hub of the house provides gas cooktop and oven and a large, two-door pantry in a kitchen that overlooks all living areas on the first floor, while at the same time taking in the sights and sounds of the ocean.
- The cosy lounge offers an intimate space for conversation, television and, in the winter, a warm fire.
- The large open plan family room, allows the sharing of meals and games in one area and computer work in another. It also provides sufficient carpeted floor area to house additional guests.
- The casual sitting room provides an ideal indoor area for coffee with a view not only of the ocean, but also the flocks of honeyeaters that frequent the inviting front garden. This room also contains a day bed for an easy snooze to the soothing sounds of the surf.
- From the master suite watch the whale migration by day and the stars and fishing trawlers by night. This magical top floor retreat includes an ensuite bathroom, bar/kitchenette, walk-through robe and dressing room. The ocean views through French doors are not only confined to the sleeping area, but also provide a unique outlook from the large walk-in shower. The ground floor guest room sleeps five comfortably, with built-in robes, a family bathroom and separate front entrance.
- Dress circle seats on the large deck make watching the daily sunrise a must-do ritual, while the sight of the full moon rising over the horizon is breathtaking from this exclusive vantage point.