More Information

about Fraser Island

Please check out our Info Articles for heaps of tricks and tips but if you can't find what you are looking for please...


We are happy to help with any information about the island in general or houses in particular.

Give Us a Call

From Overseas: Ph: +61 7 41 279 188 Mob: +61 429 379 188 From Within Australia: Ph: 07 41 279 188 Mob: 0429 379 188

Drop By and Talk

"The Taxi House" Lot 12 Jarvis Street Eurong FRASER ISLAND QLD 4581

Send Us an Email


How do I get to Fraser Island?
Like any holiday it is important to plan well. Please remember to get to Fraser Island, you will need to have a 4WD, Vehicle Permit, refer to Tide Times and have a Barge Ticket. Our website is full of helpful info so please check under our “More Info” Menu Tab for lots more helpful planning tips.
Is there a shop on Fraser Island?
Yes… There are 5 shops on the island, one at – Eurong, Happy Valley, Cathedrals, Orchid Beach, and Kingfisher. Please note these shops are more like small convenience stores not supermarkets. It would be wise to pack as much as you require before you head over to the island.
What should I bring...
Pack light and pack right… It can be a daunting task when packing for a holiday so we will send you a handy list of what to bring with you to make your stay in one of our holiday houses more comfortable. So all you have to think about is your personal requirements – food, beers/wine/alcohol, recovery gear (check out our page on 4WDriving on Fraser Island in our “More Info” Menu.
Do I need a permit?
Yes you require a Vehicle Access Permit from QPWS prior to your arrival on the island. Please see our “More Info” Menu with further details and links.
Can I drink the water on Fraser Island?
Yes….. it is beautiful and pure Spring Water known to be one of the purest in the world. A great way to help with recycling, just bring one large water container not single use plastics.
Is there is restaurant on Fraser Island...
Yes we have several different styles of restaurants on Fraser Island, located in the following townships. Eurong, Happy Valley, Kingfisher. Please see Contact details on our “More Info” Menu for booking a restaurant.
Do I get Phone Service
Telstra Mobile Phone Service is the best for coverage but still very limited in most areas. Optus is very limited and you don’t generally have service. Forget the rest unless it roams onto the Telstra network.