About the Taxi House...
The “Taxi House” is the traditional beach house situated in peaceful Eurong Second Valley. Only approx 300 metre walk to Fraser Island’s eastern beach, and even less to Eurong’s restaurant, shop, bakery and resort bar.
This house has three bedroom and 2 sleep outs and comfortably sleeps up to 9 people.
Eurong is an ideal central location on the island, just a short drive to the island’s highlights like Lake McKenzie, Central Station rainforest, Lake Birrabeen, Lake Boomanjin, Eli Creek, Coloured Sands and Maheno Shipwreck.
The Owners (Steve and Lisa) live in ‘The Palms’ caretaker’s accommodation at the rear of the property and will not need to share any of the Taxi House facilities. Our entrances are divided, you might just see us coming and going occasionally. We look forward to meeting you and sharing some of our local knowledge. We hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing holiday!
Holiday Home Facilities...
- Fully Solar Powered with Generator Back Up
- A fully equipped Kitchen with a gas stove/oven, an electric fridge/freezer
- A Lounge Room with Digital Free-to-Air TV and DVD player
- Separate Dining Room
- Main bathroom with a shower/bath and separate toilet
- Ensuite in Main Bedroom with Bath/Shower and Toilet
- A Washing Machine with Washtub located downstairs
- There is an outdoor dining area which is inclusive of a gas BBQ and an outdoor table and chairs (gas supplied)
- A pool – The Taxi House is one of the only private holiday houses on the island with a basic style in-ground swimming pool
- Fully Screened
- Pillows and Quilts (please bring your own linen)
- Bedroom 1 with ensuite – Queen Bed, Shower/bath and toilet. Ceiling Fan
- Bedroom 2 – Queen Bed. Ceiling Fan
- Bedroom 3 – 2 x Single Beds
- Front Sleepout – 1 x Single Bed
- Rear Sleepout – 2 x Single Beds
Eco Holidays on Fraser Island
Solar power has great benefits not to mention it is extremely environmentally friendly. Here on Fraser Island we take great pride in minimising our impact on our fragile eco system. Please help us by embracing your eco holiday experience without car fridges, hair straighteners/dryers, coffee makers, rice cookers, and any other modern appliance that provides instant heat or draws continuous power. The island and future generations will thank you for it.